Presented by the Stepfamily Foundation.
Written by Jeannette Lofas, Ph.D., LCSW
In a nation of the families of divorce and remarriage--- over 50%
- The story of the holidays has changed.
- No longer is it the Norman Rockwell picture of the family: mom, dad, the kids and grandparents, sitting around the table.
- Today over half of our children come from divorced families.
- Celebrations will be with either one parent or the other.
- Tables bountiful many also are laden with uneasiness.
- Stepparent, biological parent, child and stepchild may twist in their chairs trying to feel “normal” together.