No longer What We Think.
Today’s Child Visits Father on Father’s Day
First, Happy Fathers’ Day to Fathers, Grandfathers and Stepfathers!
- 50% of fathers today are fathers of divorce. That leaves half of our children living with the loss of their biological father in the house.
- We teach divorced dads, remarried dads, stepdads, and their partners, how to take on their new role…"How to be male and female heads of the household,” says divorce and remarriage expert, Jeannette Lofas, Ph.D, LCSW, President of the Stepfamily Foundation, Inc.
- The vital role and teachings of the "father" must be held in high regard. Why? Because fathers teach, and do, much of what women cannot do: the deep voice of the father's command, the teaching of how to be a good sport, persistence, order, rules of the game, and that special father's kind of love.
- We must honor the role of father. What is that commandment? "Honor thy mother and thy father." Too often in divorce there is badmouthing. When we dishonor a child’s parent that child feels as though one-half of him/her is not worthy of respect.
- Mothers -- divorced, step, bio -- DO NOT forget to remind the kids to acknowledge Dad.
- Fathers, divorced fathers, stepfathers have a happy day…
- Undaunted, go forward and get the respect you deserve.